GOD IS GOOD!
“Peace that surpasses understanding…” We have it! During this pre-field season of missionary life, our faith is being stretched and grown as God teaches us to release our worries, pray about everything (Philippians 4:6-7), and allow Him to restore us when we feel worn (Psalm 23:3). There are many things to worry about (our personal budget, our house that isn’t selling quickly, etc.), but we are learning to trust Him daily and let our minds daily be renewed by His word. In this time when peace doesn’t make sense, praise the Lord, we have it!
BLESSINGS OF THE SEASON
- We have begun holding Colombia Team meetings via video conference with our future Camino Global coworkers. It is a sweet blessing to develop friendships now and lay the groundwork for harmonious relationships as colleagues.
- Lucia received a full scholarship to attend pre-K at Genoa Christian Academy, which would have been otherwise impossible. Praise the Lord!
We are gearing up a fall campaign called “Get to Know S’more about Team Kim in Colombia!” The missionary guest house where we live has a beautiful fire pit, so we plan to invite others to enjoy s’mores with us as we share our ministry vision for God’s work in Chía, Colombia.
We plan to attend the January 2017 cross-cultural training seminar. We must reach 80% funded to be allowed to attend, though we are working toward being fully funded at that time.
Our house has been on the market around six months, with relatively few showings and no offers. Our realtor contract just expired, so we are currently listing our home “For Sale by Owner.”
We are considering the sale of one of our vehicles, which somewhat restricts our flexibility in scheduling appointments, but would provide a financial boost to our personal living expense savings/budget.
FINANCIAL STATUS UPDATE
Additional Monthly Financial Partnership Need: 40 partners at $100/month or 100 partners at $40/month
Additional One-Time Support Need: If you are interested in giving toward or purchasing a specific item for future ministry use, please contact us about the purchase of computers, other technology equipment, and a keyboard/synthesizer.
- Spiritual growth as a family
- Protection from discouragement and other spiritual attacks
- Success in our S’more about Team Kim in Colombia campaign this fall
- God’s preparation of schedules for making ministry presentations, and of budgets for new financial partnerships
- The sale of our (empty) house in Mount Vernon, Ohio
God’s provision for our personal living expenses while we build partnerships
- Schedule and carry out 5-6 (or more) ministry presentations each week through the rest of 2016
- Develop a sustainable system to communicate effectively with our individual and church ministry partners
- Be 80% funded ASAP (the baseline requirement for attending our cross-cultural training), and 100% funded in January 2017.
Lucia started Pre-K at a new school and constantly impresses us with her expanding vocabulary and comprehension of complex, detailed information.
Noelia’s imagination is taking off! We often overhear her telling stories to herself or acting out dialogue scenes between her stuffed animals and dolls.