10 Day Prayer Challenge – Thanksgiving Edition

Back in October, we asked people to join us in prayer as we asked God to increase our support level by another 10%. I had previously mentioned in another post that our mission agency reporting system is currently being upgraded, as a result I still don’t know whether there was a 10% increase last month. But that is ok. We are not anxious or disappointed. We have many promises from God that we can hold on to in faith.

One that has been meaningful for us is the story of Joshua and the city of Jericho. Yes, the classic Sunday school story. But I want to focus on the conversation that Joshua had with God before conquering Jericho:

(Joshua 6:2) And the Lord said to Joshua, “See, I have given Jericho into your hand, with its king and mighty men of valor.”

There was victory even before Joshua circled the city. We know that God has provided the means for us to move and work in Colombia. However, the walls didn’t fall on their own. The Israelites still had to go out in faith and circle God’s promise of Jericho.

With that in mind, we pray with confidence to a God who has already provided the means for us to go to Colombia. However, we want to add a twist to November’s 10 Day Prayer Challenge. Lets focus on thanking God for His promises and provisions.

Specific Praises:

  • We thank God that He has been working behind the scenes long before we even knew that Team Kim would be moving to Colombia for full-time missions.
  • We thank God for the 65% we have of monthly partnerships but also for the other 35% that He is providing.
  • We are thankful for all the partners God has brought into our life!
  • We are thankful for the generosity that God has shown us through His people (the Church).
  • We are thankful that God has asked us to partner with Him as He sends us to Colombia to share the Gospel.
  • And finally, we are thankful for the Gospel! None of this would matter if it weren’t for the good news of a risen Christ.


If you’ve never done a prayer challenge, here are some tips:

  • Set an alarm on your phone for a specific time each day or set up a re-occuring calendar event.
  • Prayers don’t have to be long.
  • Start your prayer by asking the Holy Spirit to guide your prayer.
  • Pray using Bible verses. I personally like to reference promise verses (examples).
  • Journal your prayers.
  • Keep track by using a checklist (save image below).

10 Day-01

Why 10 Days: There were 10 days from the time of Jesus’ ascension to the coming of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost. During those 10 days, the disciples gathered together to worship and pray.

(Luke 24:52-53) And they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy, and were continually in the temple blessing God.

(Acts 1:14a) All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer…

Action: Would you join us for the next 10 days in worship and prayer?

Worship (What is worship): Let’s praise God for saving us and loving us and thank Him for the work that He is doing in our life.

Prayer: Like the disciples praying in one accord, let’s continue to pray that God would increase our support level by 10% by end of November.

About kimcamino

Kyu and Anna Kim joined Camino Global to serve as missionaries to Chia, Colombia. They are in the process of building partnerships and raising support in order to join the Camino Global Colombia team. Kyu will provide graphic design, web, and video support to the missionaries and local churches. Anna plans to develop an ESL (English as a Second Language) program as a ministry outreach tool.

0 comments on “10 Day Prayer Challenge – Thanksgiving Edition

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: