We are absolutely thrilled to share that as of our January 2018 financial report, we are 80% funded for our monthly partnership needs! The last 3-4 months have been fairly quiet on our blog as we spent time specifically, fervently praying for God to bring individuals, groups, and churches to partner with us. Camino Global is in the process of updating the organization’s financial records system, which means that we have been unable to access detailed financial information since October. From that time through January, we felt that God was leading us to “be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him” (Psalm 37:7a) in regards to partnership building. He has proved Himself to be our ultimate Provider once again!
We praise God for you, our partners in becoming servants of the Lord in Colombia. Your giving, prayers, friendship, and support have been a continuing source of encouragement to us. Please let us know of any specific prayer requests or questions you may have—we love to connect with our ministry partners! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- February 8-12, our family traveled to Camino Global headquarters in Dallas for a meeting with the team of missionaries headed to serve in Colombia. It was the first time most of us had met face-to-face, though we’ve had many opportunities for video conferencing.
- Our team meetings focused on getting to know one another, building team rapport, praying together, encouraging one another, and creating basic strategies for future life and ministry in Colombia. We returned from our meetings energized and full of hope. Lucia and Noelia had a great time getting to know some of the other kids who will live in Colombia while Kyu and Anna were in meetings.
- Praise God for His goodness! We are 80% funded! We are so grateful to welcome several new monthly partners, knowing God led them to partner with us.
- Next steps: Continue to pray specifically and fervently for God to fill the remaining 20% of our monthly need (about $1,000), while we share our ministry vision with individuals and groups over the next 4 months.
- We tentatively plan to depart for Colombia in June or July. Allowing our girls to finish the school year is important for them to “end well” and transition more smoothly to life in Colombia. (By faith, we did NOT re-enroll our girls for the next school year where they currently attend.)
- We are now beginning to look more closely at the logistics of physically and legally moving to Colombia. We will need godly wisdom for this task, as well as physical, emotional, and mental stamina.
- We would love to see more small groups and churches become long-term financial partners. (Check out the videos on our blog.)
- For God to move the hearts of individual believers, groups, and churches to partner with us by investing in Kingdom work for the sake of the Gospel (see 1 Timothy 6:17-19)
- That God would draw our current ministry partners into closer relationship with Himself through their participation with Team Kim (see Philippians 3:14-19)
- For our family to handle transitions in a healthy way as we leave our family, friends, and life in Ohio and look forward to building relationships and routine in Colombia
- For our teammates (the Wallace family) to complete all legal requirements for moving to Colombia, then be able to settle in northern Bogotá before Easter
Keep an eye out on our blog and Facebook for additional post updates from specific events we had in January & February!